The Fforestfach History Website
I'm surprised at how many Religious places past and present that there have been in the area, and the latter continue to to play a major roll with in the community.
- Bethlehem Chapel, Carmarthen Road, Cadle, Swansea SA5 4AN.
- Gendros English Congregational Church, Carmarthen Road, Fforestfach, Swansea SA5 4AA.
- Gendros Baptist Church, Penrhos Place, Gendros, Swansea, SA5 8BS.
- Gorse Mission, Cwmbwrla, Swansea
- Gospel Hall, Armine Road, Gendros, Swansea, SA5 8DD.
- Holy Cross Catholic Church, Upper King's Head Road, Gendros, Swansea, SA5 8BR.
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witness Station Road, Fforestfach, Swansea, SA5 5AY.
- St. Illtyds Ystrad Road, Fforestfach, Swansea,
- St Lukes Church Stepney Street, Cwmbwrla, Swansea, SA5 8BD.
- St. Peters Cockett Road, Cockett, Swansea, SA2 0FN.
- St. Teilo Parish Church, Cheriton Crescent, Portmead, Swansea, SA5 5LA.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Cockett Road, Cockett, Swansea, SA2 0FD
No longer exist 2012
- Methodist Chapel, Armine Road, Fforestfach, Swansea In use in 1922. Later became School Cookery Centre (building demolished), Currently a pair of semi-detached houses.
- Saron 1905-1989, King's Head Road, Gendros, Swansea (building demolished), land used for housing.
- Jerusalem 1910-1990s, Carmarthen Road, Fforestfach, Swansea (building demolished), new building named Coach House Pianos.
- Calfaria 1861 - ?, Carmarthen Road, Fforestfach, Swansea . Front of the building demolished for road widening, original rear of building in use as Little Cherubs, Day Nursery.
- Old Libanus Chapel 1867 - ? Building still standing. Partial roof damage from the January 2012 fire next door.
- New Libanus 1906 - 2000, (built next to old Libanus). Damaged in a fire January 2012 a large part has been demolished
- Babell calvinistic methodist church, 1871-1970. Building demolished. Registerd graves (access to burial details via West Glamorgan Archives).
short cut to Top